new Delhi. The world has slowed down due to Corona epidemic. Everything in India was discontinued from 22 March onwards. For the first time since Independence, the wheels of the rail in India stopped. But with the process of unlock (Unlock-4), the emphasis is gradually on making normalcy. However, keeping in view the problems of people in the coronary period, the Railways started operating some special trains, but the situation was not normal and still not normal. In such a situation, Indian Railways has decided to run some more new special trains. For which the date of the reservation process has also been announced.
According to the Railway Board, Indian Railways is going to start 80 new special trains from September 12 in the country. Reservation can be done in these trains from 10 September. Apart from this, we will monitor the operation of special trains, ‘Clone’ trains will be run wherever there is a demand for the train or there is a long waiting list. On the other hand, according to the Railway Board, trains will be operated on the request of the State Governments for the examinations or for any such purpose.
Apart from this, the Railway Board official said that under the Supreme Court order, Delhi Government and Railways will jointly take immediate steps to remove garbage from the tracks. On the question about bullet trains, the official said that there has been good progress in the bullet train project. Kovid-19 has affected some tender and land acquisition process.
What is the effect of corona on bullet train project
Timely completion of Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project may be delayed as land acquisition work has been delayed due to epidemic. Officials gave this information. The project work is proposed to be completed in December 2023. The National High Speed Rail Corporation has already acquired 63 per cent of the land for the project which includes about 77 per cent of the land in Gujarat, 80 per cent in Dadar Nagar Haveli and 22 per cent in Maharashtra.
Officials said that there are still some issues related to land acquisition in areas like Palghar in Maharashtra and Navsari in Gujarat. Officials said last year the company had invited nine public works tenders but could not be opened due to corona virus epidemic.