New Delhi: Turmeric, a bright yellow spice used throughout Asia for centuries, has been adopted by the West in recent decades, not just for its ability to satisfy our hunger for its curry, but for its impressive list of health benefits. Is also beneficial. Key Health Benefits of Turmeric: Turmeric and its potent ingredient, curcumin, have a range of health benefits.
Antioxidants have the ability to prevent heart disease, eye conditions, and Alzheimer’s. Anti-inflammatory properties may help people with arthritis. Turmeric can also reduce the risk or spread of cancer.
Properties of turmeric
- Mainly used as a spice.
- It increases appetite and is used in making tonics.
- Cleans the blood.
- Heals internal injuries and cures leather infections. It is used as an antiseptic.
- It is used in cosmetics and ‘Kum-Kum’.
- In cough, roasting turmeric in a fire and grinding it with water is beneficial.
- Taking turmeric with milk reduces swelling due to injury and stomach worm also dies.
- Applying turmeric and lime paste on pain and swelling provides relief.