Today I am sharing my thali where you can see a Kodo Bajra Ambali sharing its space with some of my favorite dishes. We all know that Bajra with Ambali is healing (according to your health condition) especially if you are suffering from lifestyle disorders like Diabetes, BP, Thyroid, Arthritis, Sclerosis etc. But many of my students have learned that Ambali should not.
Read :- Healthy Lifestyle: Know The Key To Long Life
Here is a small attempt to make it interesting. You can read more about the correct technique of making Ambali here. And as far as pumpkin curry is concerned, check out the recipe here.
300 grams yellow pumpkin cut into cubes
3 tbsp gram flour
2.5 cups water
3/4 cup yogurt
tsp mustard seeds
tsp fenugreek seeds
10-15 fresh curry leaves
tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
tsp coriander seed powder
1 tsp green chilli-ginger paste
5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped pink salt to taste
3 tbsp cold pressed oil
1. Heat oil in a deep pan and add mustard seeds, fenugreek leaves, curry leaves and asafoetida. As soon as it crackles, add finely chopped garlic and ginger-green chilli paste.
Read: Linking Giloy with liver failure is completely misleading: Ministry of AYUSH
2. Now add pumpkin cubes and salt and turmeric. Mix it well and cover it. Keep it on low flame to boil for 10-12 minutes. or until the pumpkin is soft and pulpy.
3 In a separate bowl, beat the curd with the gram flour. Add salt, a pinch of turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and make a thin buttermilk mixture by adding water.
4. Pour this mixture over the cooked pumpkin. Make sure you keep the flame low and keep stirring it continuously. You have to keep the consistency even and not curd.
5. After mixing, let the mixture come to a boil. After the first boil, reduce the flame again and keep stirring in between. Be careful as the curd gravy needs little attention. Let it cook on low flame for another 15 minutes.
6. If you want, you can temper the cooked curry with ghee and spices while serving. I chose to keep it simple.
Read :- Trust this easy yoga posture to cure insomnia
7. Always remember, when you are mixing your favorite food with Bajra Ki Ambli, keep your curries, cooked vegetables warm and do not overheat. Very hot gravy like sambhar, kadhi etc will kill the good bacteria in your ambali.
8. Enjoy your meal with Ambli and start consuming millets that are good for your health.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides general information only. It is by no means a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more details. Parda Phash does not take responsibility for this information.