The sweetness, softness and fleshyness of papaya and its nutritional content make it one of the healthiest fruits. Papaya, also known as papiva or pavap, was called the ‘fruit of the angels’ by Christopher Columbus, an Italian explorer and sailor. The fruit not only tastes good, but its daily intake can boost immunity and protect you from fatal diseases such as heart attacks, stroke, colon and prostate cancer. The exotic fruit is high in vitamin E, C and is loaded with antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
And not only from the fruit, one can get amazing health benefits from the leaves. Papaya leaves are rich in enzymes such as papaya and chymopan that promote digestion, prevent inflammation and other digestive disorders. The leaves are also a rich source of vitamins A, C, E, K and B and major minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium magnesium, and iron. Due to the tremendous health benefits of papaya leaves and how to use it more and more, papaya leaf juice has now become a phenomenon in the world of fitness and nutrition.
1. Papaya leaf juice can work wonders for dengue patients. According to health experts, the juice can help increase the blood platelet count of people suffering from dengue fever. Dengue, which is caused by infected Aedes mosquitoes, can severely bring down blood platelet counts and extracts from papaya leaves can be savior.
2. In addition to increasing blood platelets in dengue fever, the juice of papaya leaves can drive away malaria. Thanks to acetogenin, a compound found in papaya leaf, which is capable of preventing deadly mosquito diseases such as malaria and dengue.
3. Extracts of papaya leaves also have anticancer properties. The same compound, anetogenin, and enzymes present in the leaves can help combat various types of cancer such as liver, lung, pancreatic and breast.
4. The juice of papaya leaves also supports the immune system and fights harmful bacteria and viruses in the body
5. Papaya and pimopan are two of the most powerful enzymes found in papaya that can treat inflammation, indigestion and other digestive disorders. Papain alone can help prevent stomach ulcers.
6. The juice of papaya leaves improves insulin sensitivity which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Its antioxidant nature helps reduce complications from diabetes such as kidney damage, reduces fatty liver and oxidative stress.
7. Papaya leaf juice is very good for liver. It can work as a natural cleansing agent that removes all toxins and impurities and detoxify the liver. It can also cure chronic liver diseases like jaundice, liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.