Even though the cold of winter has stopped, but the common cold will remain. Strong cold winds also prevail during this season.
Due to the change in the weather, the immunity of the disease is greatly reduced and the chances of getting cold are greatly increased, so the cold can be easily countered by home remedies. Some easy ways to avoid common cold: –
– We should drink plenty of water, because it prevents the throat from getting blocked and maintains moisture. Drink more than eight glasses of fluids commonly consumed. It can be consumed as water, coconut juice or soup.
– To keep chest and lungs clean, do steam twice daily, this will make you very easy to breathe. Steam slowly through the nose by placing your head over hot water in a large pot. For effective results, make sure to mix a few drops of mint or lemon oil in water before taking steam.
– Herbal cold balm provides relief from the symptoms of winter. Choose one of the balm containing peppermint, eucalyptus or nutmeg. Eucalyptus easily removes phlegm deposited in the chest, peppermint removes sore throat and nutmeg corrects blood circulation.
– Gargling with salt in lukewarm water is considered as an age-old remedy when there is swelling in the phlegm and throat. Mix a pinch of salt and turmeric powder in lukewarm water and gargle twice so you will feel much better.
– When puffed with a bottle of hot water, the accumulated phlegm on the chest is easily removed. Fill a hot water bag with warm water and wrap a thin cloth over it and compress it with shoulders and chest. For better results, you can also apply a balm before you want it.