Solar Eclipse 2021 / Symbolic Image (Photo Credits: Pixabay)
Solar Eclipse 2021: After the first lunar eclipse of the year, now the first solar eclipse of the year 2021 is happening on June 10. The eclipse will start at 1.42 pm and will end at 6.41 pm. Although this eclipse will be visible only in parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir in India, this celestial event will not be visible in any other state. The first solar eclipse of the year is the annular solar eclipse. This astronomical event occurs when the Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth. In an annular solar eclipse, the Moon covers the center of the Sun. This event is also known as Ring of Fire.
Although many people like to see the sight of the solar eclipse, but watching the solar eclipse with the naked eye can not only damage your eyes, but it can also lead to the illuminating of your eyes. In such a situation, if you want to see the view of the solar eclipse without harming your eyes, then you should take special care of these 5 things.
5 Tips for Watching Solar Eclipse
- One should avoid looking at the sight of solar eclipse with open eyes. Along with this, do not look directly at the sun with open eyes.
- Use special solar filters, which are certified for eclipse viewing. Such as special eclipse viewing glasses or a solar viewer used by hand. Avoid using DIY homemade filters or plain sunglasses.
- Do not look at the Sun through the lens of a camera, telescope, binoculars or any other optical instrument, as they can cause serious eye injury. Also read: Solar Eclipse 2021: Know What To Do And Not To Do Even In Partial Solar Eclipse!
- Do not use scratched or damaged solar filters. Always inspect them before use and avoid using them if they are damaged.
- If you don’t have time to buy a solar filter, you can learn how to make a sun viewer through certified channels. The Exploratorium provides tutorials on building a pinhole projection that is a safe way to observe the Sun indirectly.
It is worth noting that according to astrological beliefs, eclipse can be seen anywhere, whether it is visible or not, but it has a negative or positive effect on human life. It is considered taboo to do many tasks during the eclipse period. However, by keeping these things in mind, you can see the view of the solar eclipse without harming your eyes.