Kartik Purnima (Photo Credits: Facebook)
Vaisakha month has been a special significance since the Vedas. Hindu culture (Hindu culture), It is also called ‘Madhav month’. This month is considered similar to Vedas in lore, Vishnu in deities, Ganga in rivers, Sun in Tej, Kalpavriksha in tree plants, Gold in metals and Kaustubh Mani in gems. It is mentioned in the Skanda Purana that Shrihari is very fond of Vaishakh month. Therefore, Lord Vishnu is very happy by taking bath and fasting in Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada River or Pushkar Sarovar, meditating on Vishnuji this month. Since it is the warmest month of the year, giving water to the thirsty is considered to be the greatest act of virtue. Therefore, water should be installed on the roads. Water should also be provided for animals and birds. Srihari’s special blessings are on those who do so. He gets all kinds of happiness, peace and prosperity. Since this is a very holy month, do not do anything that will make Srihari angry. Magh Purnima 2021: Today is Maghi Purnima! Deities descend in this form to take bath in Prayagraj Triveni Sangam!
Do these tasks in Vaishakh month
* After bathing and donating this whole month, Lord Vishnu and Lord Parashuram must be duly worshiped.
* In the month of Vaishakh, after bathing in the river Ganges, after lighting the flowers and lamps, you should chant the following mantras of Ganga ji and then perform Aarti.
‘Om Namo Bhagwati Hili Hili Mili Mili Gange Maa Pavaya Pavaya Swaha‘
* After getting up before sunrise in Vaishakh month after bathing in a holy river, water should be offered to Srihari and Surya Dev.
* Vaishakh month is the favorite month of Lord Vishnu, so if on this day worshiping Goddess Lakshmi along with Lord Vishnu, then Lord Vishnu will be pleased along with Mother Lakshmi. Do this worship of Lakshmi ji after bathing, along with this mantra should also be chanted.
Om Shrin Lakshmi Vasudevaya Namah
* In Vaishakh month due to bright sunlight, there is intense heat. If on this day, get thirsty water on the side of the road and keep water in a big pot in the gardens so that animals and birds can drink water.
* In Vaisakh month, the poor must donate a fan, shoes, slippers or umbrellas along with food donations. Lord Shani is pleased with this.
* To provide salvation to the fathers, their sons should offer food to the poor by offering paternity on the new moon day of Vaishakh month.
Avoid doing these tasks
* One should not consume meat and liquor in Vaisakh month.
* Veterans and weak people should not be harassed.
* If fasting during Vaishakh month, do not be angry with anyone, make sure that you do not spread disturbance in the house.
* Do not massage oil on the body in Vaishakh month.
* Instead of sleeping during the day, worship Lord Vishnu.
* In Vaishakh month, you should not sleep on the bed at night, nor should you eat food etc. at night.