1 cup rolled oats powder
1 tablespoon oil of oil of choice
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon Chana Dal
1 teaspoon Urad Dal
1 green chili chopped
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 large carrot grated
Soak 1/3 cup frozen green peas in hot water for 10 minutes.
3/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon fruit salt is also known as eno
1 tablespoon water optional
- Transfer 1 cup of rolled oats to your blender and grind to a fine powder. Set it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin, mustard seeds and hing. Cease the seeds and then add chana dal and urad dal.
- The color of the porridge is light golden. Add green chili and ginger. Saute for a minute until the ginger starts changing color.
- Add to semolina, reduce heat to low-medium. Cook semolina for 3 minutes while stirring continuously. Then add oats powder and mix.
- Steam for 12-13 minutes until the idli is done. The knife inserted in the idli should be cleaned once.
- Carefully remove the idli stand from the pot. If you have sprayed with an oil spray they will easily go off. Serve Masala Oats Idli with onion-tomato sauce and sambar.